Obstacle race through the heart of downtown. Proceeds will go to local fallen servicemen/women’s families.
Distance: 4 miles
Time: First wave 9:00am (must check-in 1 hour prior to your wave time)
Theme: City terrain with intense
Obstacles: 12 obstacles that will
challenge your strength, stamina, and your mental fortitude!
Benefactor: Local First Responders Fund
“We’re Taking Over”
Rockabilly Riot is a 4 mile run with various physical obstacles thrown in your path. You will crawl, jump, climb, trek, and run through the downtown streets. While it is not mandatory to have a team, the obstacles are team oriented so we highly suggest you have a partner, a team, make a new friend on the day of the race; unless you’re a superhero, then by all means go for it!! Jackson Development, Jackson Tourism, the City, the County, JFD, JPD, LIFT Wellness, JMCGH, and numerous local business have all worked together to bring you this extreme challenge to honor our servicemen and women! Are you ready for this challenge?? This is a race for beginner trail racers and 5k runners to hardcore competitors, tough guys, and marathon runners. All can come test their strength, discipline, and courage on these raw obstacles. Rise to the challenge: It’s a new dawn in Jackson!
*Costumes are welcomed and encouraged*
Ages: 13 and up
Register by September 27 (to guarantee a shirt)
Sign up individually or as a team
Race Training begins September 1st @ LIFT for those registered
Please be at the registration table to pick up your race packet and bib one hour prior to your heat
First Wave Begins: 9:00am
Waves will start every 15 minutes (no exceptions)
Run your wave and then party like a rockstar!!
A superior feeling of
- A finisher medal (if registered by September 27th)
- A race t-shirt (if registered by September 27th)
A free beer (must be 21 or older)
Photo opt by professional photographers
Post race party
DISCOUNTS FOR ALL OUR FIRST RESPONDERS!!
Last Years Obstacles:
1. The Hindrance- What's blocking you from taking the challenge?
2. Hell's Hill- Need we say more?
3. Artic Plunge- A little ice never hurt anybody
4. The Lion's Den-
5. Flying Z- Zig Zag your way to the next obstacle
6. Hot Pursuit- Just a taste of what our PD experiences
7. The Spider Web- No there's no creepy crawlers but it's a big tangled mess
8. Bring the Pain- Stairs, Burpees, and Tires... OH MY!
9. Fight or Flight- Warning: STAY LOW!
10. Back Draft- The only way to kill it is to love it a little.
11. Pit of Doom- Up-Down, Up-Down, Up-Down!
12. Black Out-There is light at the end of the tunnel...eventually!
Traveling from out of town and need a place to stay? Our friends at the Marriot would love to have you! Racers get a SPECIALDISCOUNT!
The Residence Inn and Courtyard by
Marriott are proud to be the exclusive hotel sponsors of the Rockabilly Riot
Urban Challenge. We are conveniently located right off of I-40 at exit 83
and are within minutes from downtown Jackson. Relax the night before the race
and gear up the next morning at one of our luxurious properties. We look
forward to serving you!
200 Campbell Oaks Dr.
Jackson, TN 38305
126 Old Medina Crossing
Jackson, TN 38305